April 20, 2013

Announcing My 20% Off Sale!!

It's a birthday celebration for the next three days over at my TpT store!  Please enjoy 20% off everything priced above $2 from Sunday through my official bday, the 23rd!! Also, I've just added my Cinco de Mayo celebration & printables pack - which you can snag at a discounted price - arriba, arriba, don't delay! :)

I just love it because it's so festive - I've even included a cinco de mayo banner (so inspired by pinterest & the pennant I made for Easter from someone's pin!!) There are plenty of activities that allow you to work on this fun unit with your upper grade kiddos while even aligning to the Common Core - booya!

As a grade-level team, we've always collaborated on a motivating way to get our students to perform their 100% best during the end-of-year testing and throw a Nacho Potluck Party.  We even tie it in with perfect attendance where they lose letters of the word NACHO which is adhered to their desk during testing week.  If they miss a day or are blatantly not putting forth best effort then a letter is crossed off.  We tease, "You decide not to try your 100% best on the tests.  Guess what? not-chyour party!"  This is done more to amp it up and get a good laugh of the kiddos the week prior to testing.   In planning of this fun & festive lunch, we send home flyers requesting donations for the "potluck party" including tortilla chips, canned refried beans, sour cream, etc.  The teachers rally together to buy a bulk-sized can of nacho cheese from Sam's Club and on the day of the party, we lug our crock pots and serving spoons into the classroom so we can warm the cheese and beans during the first portion of the day.  Everything you need to coordinate an end-of-the-year Nacho Party is included in my Cinco de Mayo pack! 

Fortunately, all this cinco talk has put me in the mood for a margarita - yum!!  
P.S. - Go Enter My GIVEAWAY here (you have until this Friday 4/26!!)

Lots of Love!



No comments:

Post a Comment