July 31, 2019

Top 5 Classroom Must Haves

Have you ever bought something for your classroom and thought it was going to be SO GREAT, but you immediately had buyer's remorse about one week in (or even shorter)? 

Over the years, I've found that these are ESSENTIALS that deserve to restocked in your classroom because they ROCK!

  1. Jumbo Paperclips There's just something about the slick quality of these that glide easily over my stacks of papers.  I don't even bother with the standard paper clips anymore, they can't compare!
  2. Staples-brand Heavy Duty Pencil Sharpener by far the most precise point time and time again, although it's a little noisy- this sharpener is my FAVORITE, especially since I don't need to use the rotating dial for different diameters.  We're a standard #2 pencils ONLY sharpening classroom here!
  3. Magic Erasers Any smudge or leftover paint stain vanishes quickly with this awesome cleaning tool!  This also makes for a great accessory for your class tidy team expert to use when making the classroom look spic and span!
  4. Inkjoy gel pens By far, my favorite pen to write notes in!! I can put together my to-do list in this vibrant gel ink from Inkjoy that won't smudge.  My only qualm is the ink isn't waterproof but that would probably mess with their secret formula.  I have had a couple of water spilling accidents that ended in big black puddles of ink on my notebooks, but that was because of my own clumsiness.  Inkjoy really does create joy through their innovative ink products!
  5. White Vinegar Although this may seem like an odd choice for a teacher, vinegar has a variety of uses.  When I buy vinegar for my classroom, I invest in the gallon-size jug because it will get plenty of use out of me during the school year.   #1 Science Experiments - mixing baking soda and vinegar is a classic yet engaging activity!  #2 Slime Cleaning Solution - surprisingly, when a fresh batch of red slime plummeted to my classroom carpet, it was not a total game ender.  My student shared with me that if we added vinegar to the clump of slime that attached itself to the carpet fibers, then it would reactivate the slime and she'd be able to clean it all off.  Much to my surprise, she was right! My janitor was happy about this as well. :)

You can find all of these items at Staples, but if you are just out and about at the grocery store, or Target - you'll find everything but the pencil sharpener there!  If you're an Amazon-a-holic, you can get everything using the links above!

(DISCLAIMER: I'm not an affiliate, I don't get paid by any of these brands, I'm just a genuine fan of all these items!)

Happy Shopping!



No comments:

Post a Comment