January 7, 2020

Ring in the New Year with Traditions from Around the World!

Are you looking for something quick and engaging to include in your lesson plans the week after winter break?  Sharing how people celebrate New Year's traditions around the world is a FAVORITE activity of mine (and my students)!  I just love getting to connect with my students and find out more about how their family celebrates, as well!!
 New Year's Traditions Around The World
Something I have been meaning to do is update my files to Google Slides.  With the return back to school after winter break, I knew I wanted to add in related VIDEO CLIPS for my students to get a better understanding of how people around the world celebrate the New Year!  HOORAY, because it finally happened this year!
 New Year's Traditions Around The World

This New Year, I have added in clips for students and your classroom to get a better idea of how people from Chile, Russia, Australia, and Spain ring in the new year!  In the image below, I have included an overview detailing the importance of starting the year fresh

 New Year's Traditions Around The World
  The New Year's Traditions Around the World teaching slideshow (now available for use with Google Slides) covers the traditions celebrated in these five countries.  Not to mention, it explains the various, unique ball drops celebrated widely thorughout the United States on New Year's Eve!
 New Year's Traditions Around The World
If you made it to the bottom of the post, here's a link back to a freebie I made for my blog followers, especially for this New Year themed resource!

Here's to a HAPPY NEW YEAR filled with joy and good health!!


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete